It’s finally here! With the weather finally cooling down, the leaves turning a beautiful kaleidoscope of colors, and the utter joy that is Halloween slowly coming upon us, October is unarguably the best month of the year. It also happens to be incredibly busy for the city of Baltimore. So, thankfully, we’ve sorted through all of the best things to do so you don’t have to. Happy haunting!
- Celebrate the 11 year anniversary of Gilmore Girls while fueling your addiction! Charmington’s is giving out FREE COFFEE from 7 am to noon, so be quick!
- Check out The Walter’s Art Museum this Thursday for The Second Annual Baltimore Taxidermy Open. Well, ‘tis the season!
- Put on your stretchy pants, Baltimore Beer Week starts the 7th.
- Kick off your October the right way with Station North Tool Library’s Oktoberfest Happy Hour. Lederhosen encouraged!
- Feeling moody? That’s probably because it’s the 10th anniversary of The Smith’s “Girlfriend in a Coma”. Channel your inner Morrissey and head to Ottobar’s celebration this weekend. Ottobar, here we come!
- October also means that it’s finally socially acceptable to have pumpkin-spiced everything, so stock up at the Maryland Pumpkin Festival this weekend. Gourds aplenty!
- This might be your last chance to binge on seafood in a while, so Oysterfest is a must. Only a buck for a shuck!
- Or if pigs are more your thing, the 15th Annual Pigtown Festival promises pig races and an awesome music lineup.
- Get in the Halloween spirit with Creative Alliance’s Rocky Horror Picture Show!
- Dust off your mask and head to The National Museum of African Art’s Voguing Masquerade Ball for a night of magic, dancing, and serious Gossip Girl flashbacks.
- Or if you find yourself at Inner Harbor, Martin State Airport, or Fort McHenry, look up and enjoy a beautiful air show by the Blue Angels.
- The Baltimore Running Festival is also this weekend. Run off the calories that this Autumn will bring!
- Are you into ceramics? Or, are you ready to impress some guests with some handmade pottery this Thanksgiving? The Autumn Blaze Fire Festival at Baltimore Clayworks has got you covered.
- Are there any ghosts out there? We’re not sure, but maybe you can DIY us a Ouija Board at The Foundery and help us out.
- Haunt over to the Windup Space and share your spooky tales at this open mic event.
- There’s nothing we love more than pumpkin carving. Except, maybe pumpkin carving with power tools. BYO pumpkin to The Foundery to level up your porch decorations!
- Head to Atomic Books for round 2 of what will surely be the scariest thing you experience this month.
- The Baltimore Theatre Project is hosting Jill and Syd’s Excellent Adventure, a whacky and serious show about queer herstory.
- Get educated and discuss real police reform at The Real News Network. Discussion and debate encouraged.
- Create your own DIY Halloween Lanterns at the American Visionary Art Museum. Don’t skimp out this Halloween!
- Start your Halloweekend right at Ottobar’s Halloween Superbash.
- Cheap Fall beer! Costume contests! Federal Hill-O-Ween Bar Crawl is where it’s at for a chill Saturday night.
- Or if you want something a little more hype, Homoween Saints and Sinners Masquerade is definitely going to be a great time.
- Or maybe you want to celebrate your Halloween with science?
- Halloween may be on a Monday, but don’t let that stop you! Hampden Halloweenfest 2016 is free and will fulfill all of your ghostly desires.